The "Committed" Mom?

I am blessed to be the mom of three wonderfully amazing children I call Brent, Lottie and Kenzie. But honestly, there are days when I am committed and days when I need to be committed! So here's where this little blog comes in...my refuge- my sanctuary...my opportunity to share with all who care, the joys of being a "Committed" Mom!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bad Mood

Today I woke up in a grumpy, angry mood and that means it's going to be a fabulous day for the whole family. You know the kind of day where no one better say anything with any sort of tone or look or else you might go psychotically mental! The question I want to know is how do these days originate, I mean really?
When my children went to bed last night, things were good- there were no middle of the night wake ups or late night vomit sessions. Both slept through the night peacefully and there was no pooh art to come down to in the morning! I watched my two vice shows The Bachlorette (I really think Chris should be the next Bachelor!) and The Real Housewives of New Jersey uninterrupted, and then to top it off had wonderful couple time with my hubby before bed. I didn't even have one of those dreams where your spouse does something that feels so real, you wake up mad at them! So what made me wake up in such a funk?
How can one go to bed in a good mood and wake up in a bad mood? I really hate days like this and normally it would continue throughout the entire day but what's incredible to me is how God uses my kids to mold me and remind me that"Every Little T'ing is gonna be alright" (Love, love, love Noggin's version of 3 Little Birds- by Bob Marley)
Waking up in a bad mood is one thing, but when there are kids whining and fighting behind it- it fuels it and intensifies it, makes you want to pull your hair out and scream! Now I, being the mom who would rather not kill one of her children and go to jail, send one boy to his room to play alone and the girl to sit down with her books quietly- while mommy counts to 10 and breathes in and out.
It was like a well orchestrated plan between them and God, the littlest one goes and gets "I Know God Loves Me" book followed by the by the book that actually plays the song "Jesus Loves Me" (Thanks Aunt Teresa!)and begins to look at it quietly on the couch and ask me what the words say. REMINDER #1, then the oldest is in his room, decides he wants to listen to a CD and begins playing his Shout Praises Kids Worship CD, REMINDER #2. It is then that I catch the message- I have a choice to make, I can choose to give into my foul mood and ruin my day and the day of my loved ones OR I can choose to hear God's reminder that my focus is off and I can change my attitude. And so I picked my choice and that has made all the difference!

Philippians 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment