The "Committed" Mom?

I am blessed to be the mom of three wonderfully amazing children I call Brent, Lottie and Kenzie. But honestly, there are days when I am committed and days when I need to be committed! So here's where this little blog comes in...my refuge- my sanctuary...my opportunity to share with all who care, the joys of being a "Committed" Mom!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Potty Training Survival 2 Electric Boogaloo

We started our morning with the two year old saying "I go potty?" Why not right? This is what we wanted, I mean really, who likes paying for diapers and pull-ups? The sooner the better! I figure that if I purchase the paint, I can start the bathroom remodeling to fill the hours and hours that I am spending in there- hey I am a mom, I am a multi-tasker! I have come to the conclusion that I have already made two mistakes in this potty training adventure. The first parent error is I realize now that maybe my tactic and strategy may not have been the best choice, but what do I know about potty training? Brent came to us already potty trained and I have heard of people using this method- however nobody warned me of the brilliant mind of a 2 year old. The reward- one sweet tart heart candy every time we go potty- and thus we spent 52 hours in the bathroom yesterday! After a half of box of candy hearts (sugar buzzing my child up) I decided that maybe candy wasn't the answer, so we switched to fruit snacks. Did I mention Lottie loves fruit snacks more than sweet tart candy? So I am thinking my friend Steph had it right- stickers on a Tinkerbell chart, thank God Lottie loves stickers too! Otherwise I would be supporting Huggies and Disney Fruit Snacks!'
Parent Error number 2: Never trust a two year old to sit on their little potty when it is located next to the big potty for more than 3 seconds. Lottie has discovered a few amazing new things: She can pull the toilet paper to her before she sits down and keep pulling...causing lots of fun white paper to surround her, she can lean her head over the side of the big potty and either spit into it or sing Itsy Bitsy Spider or for lots of fun she can play with the water! And sadly yes she even tried to eat the toilet paper- did I mention Lottie likes to eat bizarre things? I'll save that for another blog posting!
I saw a picture on my friend Kerry's Facebook page the other day and I laughed at the silliness of the picture, her daughter's potty training seat was located next to her desk and it was facing her computer screen- apparently her daughter Amy learned how to use the computer to put a movie in while she is potty training- but after 2 days of potty training I am ready to take Lottie over there and have her observe Amy......I think she might be on to something!


No comments:

Post a Comment