The "Committed" Mom?

I am blessed to be the mom of three wonderfully amazing children I call Brent, Lottie and Kenzie. But honestly, there are days when I am committed and days when I need to be committed! So here's where this little blog comes in...my refuge- my sanctuary...my opportunity to share with all who care, the joys of being a "Committed" Mom!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Promises, promises

The boy comes up to me today and says "Mom can I please go outside and ask Kayla if I can swim in her pool with her?"
"No Brent, it's not nice manner's to invite yourself over to someone else's pool" (Reminding me of all the million times I did it as a kid, but hey I am a mom now...I have to say this right?)
"Mom, I promise I won't go ask her."
"Brent you can go outside but you can't go over to Kayla's" (Notice here how I said he could go out...but pay close attention to what is to follow)
"But mom, I promise" (Did you catch it?)
At this point, I said nothing for the next 10 minutes, why would I? I already gave him permission to go outside, however he then proceeded to use his imagination to try to convince me he wouldn't go over to Kayla's.
*Mom why can't you trust me for once in your life
*Mom I promise to fix everything in your life
*Mom I know I frustrate you but I promise
*Mom this will fix all that is wrong in your life, if you just trust me
*I won't break my promise to you mom
*This time will different

I have still said nothing...

*It's not like the last time mom, I promise
*Mom I won't let you down I promise
*I promise I won't break it...I promise
*I don't want to ever let you down again mom
*I keep promising because I don't ever want to let you down mom
*I won't break the promise this time mom, it will be different watch and see
*If you let me do it mom, I promise I will never disappoint you
*I promise even if I got into a car accident Iwon't ever let you down

I am still quiet...when he bust out with his best line yet...
*Mom, I am telling a promise to God and that means I promise to you!
"Ok Brent you can go outside but not to Kayla's"
"Thanks Mom!" and out he went to play....keeping his promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment