The "Committed" Mom?

I am blessed to be the mom of three wonderfully amazing children I call Brent, Lottie and Kenzie. But honestly, there are days when I am committed and days when I need to be committed! So here's where this little blog comes in...my refuge- my sanctuary...my opportunity to share with all who care, the joys of being a "Committed" Mom!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Secret

I have found the secret to parenting relies heavily on understanding and accepting these three truths:
1. There is no such thing as perfect parenting, no matter how much you read in books or on the internet. It doesn't matter how many classes you attend or how many professionals you speak with it can not be done. The most perfect parent that ever exsisted- God-had two screwed up kids. God gave his children free will because he didn't want robots, and that includes our children. Although, Stepford children may sound appealing when we want to rip our hair out, we all know that movie didn't end well.
2. You are going to screw your kids up. It's inevitable and unpreventable- at one point or another in your child's life you will say something or do something intentional or not and it will mess up your child's thought process and view points.
3. When they grow up and are old enough to understand- give them permission to seek therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment