The "Committed" Mom?

I am blessed to be the mom of three wonderfully amazing children I call Brent, Lottie and Kenzie. But honestly, there are days when I am committed and days when I need to be committed! So here's where this little blog comes in...my refuge- my sanctuary...my opportunity to share with all who care, the joys of being a "Committed" Mom!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

shhhh....DON'T WAKE THE KIDS!

As every parent knows sometimes you have to make a concerted effort to get up way before the children if you want to get things done. This was my master plan Saturday morning, get up early and bake 2 breakfast braids for my women's bible study before my little sous chefs wake up and want to help! However, the 2nd goal was to be as quiet as possible because Bug is a very light sleeper! Never have I ever failed so miserably at such simple task! In order to help moms (or dads) everywhere here is my list of things that you think are quiet, but aren't!
1. Opening the refrigerator door and taking out the crescent rolls. Especially if they are in a plastic grocery bag that happens to fall off the shelf causing all 4 packages to crash loudly onto the kitchen floor.
2. Reaching for the recipe book on the shelf. Remember to make sure the glass lid to the candle, which is stored on the same shelf, is firmly locked into place or else it might fall off and land on your metal stove top making a wonderfully loud clanging noise!
3. Taking out a gallon of milk in the fridge. When reaching in quickly, try not to push it back first, knocking over a bottle of beer on the glass shelf located inside.
4. Opening a plastic bag of shredded cheese (or a package of deli ham!)
5. Placing the shredded cheese bags (or deli ham wrappers) into a garbage bag that is clearly full, multiple times because it is so full! Which then causes the garbage bag to fall and spill on your clean kitchen floor.
6. Stopping the microwave before it beeps. This is actually as loud as when the beeping goes off at the end.
7. Taking eggs out of a foam egg carton (Surprisingly cracking eggs is very quiet!)
8. Putting a glass mixing bowl in the sink on top of a plate that is unbalanced.
9. Opening the oven door and placing two pampered chef stones inside.
10. Your kids waking up because you were unsuccessfully quiet!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment